If you have minor imperfections in your smile, you may be exploring what dental procedures are available in Brampton to help you correct those. A standard procedure is one called dental bonding. Here is what you need to know about the procedure and the circumstances under which you may wish to consider it.
What is Dental Bonding?
Dental bonding is a cosmetic dental procedure in which your Brampton dentist will apply a tooth-coloured resin to your teeth to improve the size, shape or colour of the affected tooth. The steps to the procedure are as follows:
• Your dentist will match the colour of the resin to the shade of your natural teeth.
• Your dentist will prepare the surface of your tooth by making it rough and applying a conditioned liquid for the resin to stick.
• Your dentist will apply the resin and mould it to the desired shape.
• A special light is then used to cure the resin.
• Your tooth is polished until it looks natural.
When should you consider Dental Bonding?
There are several circumstances under which a patient may wish to consider dental bonding in Brampton. Generally, this procedure is ideal for correcting minor imperfections; however, your dentist may recommend something else for more significant issues.
Here are a few conditions that Dental Bonding might be a suitable solution:
• To hide small cracks or chips in your teeth.
• To camouflage discoloured teeth.
• To close or reduce the size of spaces or gaps between your teeth.
• To make small teeth appear more prominent.
• To change the shape of teeth and make your smile appear more uniform.
In addition to these cosmetic reasons for Dental Bonding, the procedure may also be used for therapeutic reasons such as:
• Filling small cavities.
• Protecting the roots of teeth that have been exposed due to receding gums. Replacing old silver fillings with ones that look more like your natural teeth.
Dental bonding in Brampton is a very safe and very common procedure used to conceal imperfections and make restorations to your smile. It is one of the most frequently performed dental procedures.
Dental Bonding Vs Veneers
Porcelain veneers are another standard cosmetic dental procedure, and they are sometimes confused with dental bonding; however, they are not the same. Veneers are thin slice of porcelain attached to the front of a tooth to hide imperfections and will require removing some enamel from your teeth. Veneers also need replacing every 10-20 years.
However, dental bonding may not require much enamel removal and is reversible. Dental bonding generally requires some touch-ups every 3-10 years to help you keep your smile looking its best.
Contact Dental Square today.
If you are unhappy with your smile for any reason, contact Dental Square today to schedule an appointment with one of our dentists. We can examine your teeth and help you determine if dental bonding suits you.
Leave a Reply